Our service suite
- PCT national stage entry
- Direct filing
- Patent translations
- General FAQs
Foreign filing resources
E-kits, industry surveys, on-demand webinars and more.Explore
Foreign filing blog
Tips and best practices for foreign patent filing.Visit
Enter the PCT
inovia ranked #1 in the US and #2 in the world for taking PCT applications to the national stage. We use our expertise and buying power to reduce the cost and hassle of PCT national stage entry, which occurs 30 (or 31) months after the priority date of the PCT application.
Why use inovia.com for PCT national stage entry?
- Increased productivity inovia.com allows you to run instant quotes and file into multiple countries with a single instruction.
- Save your (or your clients') money Cut costs by 20-50% when filing through the inovia agent network. We provide upfront, fixed and transparent pricing to make the budgeting process easier.
- It's flexible You may choose to use inovia's agents, your own agents, or a combination.
- Experience inovia quality Our foreign associate network is made up of world-class agents and meticulous translators.
Where inovia fits in the process
PCT national stage entry overview
A common way of pursuing patent rights outside your home country is to file an international-type patent application called a PCT application ("PCT" stands for Patent Cooperation Treaty). A PCT can be filed up to 12 months from the priority application's filing date, and reserves your right to enter over 140 countries that are members of the PCT. You eventually need to apply for patents in each of the countries and regions where you wish to pursue patent protection. This involves filing separate applications at the "national stage," which occurs 30 or 31 months after the priority application's filing date.
How PCT national stage entry with inovia works
- Calculate your filing costs Login to your inovia.com account and get a '1-click quote' based on your patent specification and chosen countries.
- Place your order Receive itemized invoices and pre-completed forms for applicants and inventors to sign.
- Sign and date your Powers of Attorney We review them to ensure they are correct before you send the originals.
- Pay our invoices We instruct our agents and you can then track and view your orders online.